The Ethics Act includes requirements for disclosure of certain activities and transactions by legislators, legislative employees and public members of the Ethics Committee.
FILE YOUR DISCLOSURES ONLINE
- Use your computer login (not your email address) and password. NOTE: If you are completing a disclosure for a legislator, use the legislator's computer login and password.
- Your computer login is in the following format: LHSCABC, LSNCBAI, LIOCJTA, etc...
- If you don't know your computer login, give the Help Desk a call at (907) 465-4357
- Immediately following submission, you will receive confirmation that the ethics office received your disclosure.
- The ethics office reviews all disclosures and will contact you if information is unclear or more information is needed.
Past public disclosures are listed below. Disclosures are also published in House and Senate journals.
Disclosure Reporting Dates
Disclosures due within 30 days of the matter, interest or association; annually within the first 30 days of session; and 90 days after final day of service.
- Membership on a Board of Directors - AS 24.60.030(f)
- Participation in State Benefit and Loan Programs - AS 24.60.050(c)(d)
- Representation before a State Agency - AS 24.60.100
- Interest in State Contracts, Leases, or Grants - AS 24.60.040 NOTE: A legislator or employee, or a family member, or a public member of the Ethics Committee who participates in state contract, lease or grant with an annual value of $5000 or more, must disclose. Reporting applies to interests begun, acquired or renegotiated. Please see the law for details.
- Close Economic Association with other than a lobbyist spouse or lobbyist domestic partner - AS 24.60.070
- Close Economic Association with Lobbyist Spouse or Domestic Partner - AS 24.60.070(d) (NOTE: changes to the list must be reported within 48 hours.)
Gift Disclosures due within 30 days
- Gift of Legal Services Related to Legislative Matters - AS 24.60.080(c)(8)
- Gift Not Connected to Legislative Status over $250 - Confidential Disclosure - AS 24.60.080(c)(6)
Gift Disclosures due within 60 days
- Gift of Travel and Hospitality for Legislative Matters over $250 - AS 24.60.080(c)(4)
- Gift of Travel and Hospitality for Legislative Matters over $250 - Family Member - AS 24.60.080(i)
- Gift Related to Sanctioned Charity Event - AS 24.60.080(c)(10)
- Gift Related to Sanctioned Charity Event - Family Member - AS 24.60.080(c)(10)
Legislators, Legislative Directors and Public Member of the Ethics Committee
- During term of office or appointment - Financial Disclosure covering the previous calendar year - due March 15
- Appointment to serve as a legislator, legislative director or public member of the Ethics Committee – Financial Disclosure covering the previous year due within 30 days
- Leaving service – Financial Disclosure covering the period from last report to last day of service due within 90 days